I was inspired to make a knitted toy for my nephew Jonathan. I wanted to make something that is soft, machine washable and has a unique look. I decided to knit a monogramed toy. Please feel fee to try this pattern, and share knitted toy(s) that you have created.
- Using Lion Brand Yarn’s extra soft wool blend, Cast on 30 stitches. I prefer using the magic loop method but feel free to use DPNs.
- Knit 3o rows.
- If you want to add a monogram look, start knitting the letter after the 3rd row. Knit the last three rows after forming the letter. The letter takes 14 rows. Please visit the Yarn Tree to get the alphabet chart. I used a different color to knit the letter using the chart found on page 9-11.
- Cut working yarn about 20″.
- Using the blunt eye needle pull yarn through all of the stitches and pull tightly. Pull yarn to the other end of the ball.
- Fill the ball with fiberfill. I prefer the Ultra Plush Polyfil because it’s very soft and machine washable.
- Using the blunt eye needle pull yarn through all of the stitches and pull tightly.
- Weave ends.